October 31, 2019
“Evil is Evil. Lesser. Greater. Middling. It’s all the same.”
Today, The Witcher showrunner, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, unveiled footage of the highly anticipated fantasy series during a show panel at Lucca Comics and Games Convention in Lucca, Italy.
The series, starring Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia, will premiere on the streaming service on December 20, 2019.
Read on for everything you need to know about the show including a first look at the trailer as well as a show synopsis, casting news, and production stills.
Official Show Synopsis:
“Based on the best-selling fantasy series of books, THE WITCHER is an epic tale of fate and family. The story of the intertwined destinies of three individuals in the vast world of The Continent, where humans, elves, witchers, gnomes, and monsters battle to survive and thrive, and where good and evil is not easily identified.”
- Henry Cavill (Mission Impossible – Fallout, Man of Steel) leads the cast of The Witcher saga, playing the role of Geralt of Rivia
- Anya Chalotra (The ABC Murders, Wanderlust) as Yennefer
- Freya Allan (The War of the Worlds, Into The Badlands) as Ciri.
- Jodhi May (Game of Thrones, Genius) as Calanthe
- Björn Hlynur Haraldsson (Fortitude) as Eist
- Adam Levy (Knightfall, Snatch) as Mousesack
- MyAnna Buring (Ripper Street, Kill List) as Tissaia
- Mimi Ndiweni (Black Earth Rising) as Fringilla
- Therica Wilson-Read as Sabrina
- Emma Appleton (The End of The F**king World) as Renfri
- Eamon Farren (The ABC Murders, Twin Peaks) as Cahir
- Joey Batey (Knightfall, Strike) as Jaskier
- Lars Mikkelsen (House of Cards, Sherlock) as Stregobor
- Royce Pierreson (Wanderlust, Judy) as Istredd
- Maciej Musiał (1983) as Sir Lazlo
- Wilson Radjou-Pujalte (Jamillah & Aladdin, Dickensian) as Dara
- Anna Shaffer (Harry Potter) as Triss.
Make sure to follow PopCultureReview on social media so you never miss an update on The Witcher or any of our television coverage. Follow us on Twitter @popcultureview and Instagram at pop_culture_view! And thank you for reading.